Wednesday 29 October 2008

PhotoSynth

No title

This is sumthing I found over the summer. It is called Photosynth by Microsoft Live labs. Its very cool and accurate. I uploaded sum pics which my baobei bibi and I took in Barcelona. Try have a look by clicking the pic below. The only downside is tat u need a set of photos which were taken in a same area. Thr r a couple of preview on the Photosynth site and it comes with a tutorial on how to get the best effect out of ur photos. When I mentioned accurate, I mean u upload the set of photo u want and it will automatically put the photos in place. Jus fool around on the site and u'll understand wat i mean. Its jus so cool.



Here's a sample on how it looks. Click on it the view my photosynth.

When Photosynth was launched in a conference ( i forgot which), Bill Gates demo-ed the site and it hanged. They traced the problem back to their Photosynth server. It was overloaded with Photosynth request from all around the world which was too much for the server to handle. It was to the extent they installed additional server to cope with the demand. The site still undergoes server maintainence from time to time but its still a great experience. Mind u, Photosynth is still in beta stage so errors occur. LOL...its typical of Microsoft, dun u think?

No comments: