Monday 10 November 2008

What I do in labs???

I've been meaning to put sum pics about my labs on my blog. I'm doing a research on whether ectasy (the pills u take to get high or 'yao tou' medicine) have any effect on mitochondria. I'm not going to bore u with the details cos it reli is BORING~~!!!!!!


These are the syringes which I have label nice and tidy so I dun mess up which is which.


My micropipette, ectasy (right), buffers (left)


A larger micropipette and a larger syringe used to suck the mitochondria out after u're finished with them.


The plastic ice-cream container is whr i throw all the used mitochondria. The ice in the plastic bowl is to keep my mitochondria cool in this already freezing-me-to-death weather.


Here u have the machine tat calculates the amount of oxygen used up by the mitochondria (i think).


Here is an overview of my lab. The person on the left is my tutor, Dr. Paul Franklin and on the right is soon-to-be Dr. Dilwar Hussien who is the only guy in my lab tat i could talk guy's stuff to. LOL. We were comparing our facial hair today actually. LOL.


The all important brain mitochondria to ensure the success of my project. 6 white mice had been sacrificed for this little amount (~0.3ml). I salute those white mice for the sacrifice they made to help the future of mankind.


The recorder to get hold of all my readings.


The two girls, Olga and Lydia, who are my labmates and classmates. They hav been so kind to provide me ADP which Dr. 'kiam siap' Franklin won't bother giving me cos he said we've got too much of it. Its jus always the 3 of us, sumtimes 4 if Dilwar is in, chatting about and entertaining each other. Sad...isn't it?


Last but not least, the most important thing in the lab, the RADIO!!!! Without it, we would've been roasted by heat and boredom. The radio kept us company and fills the lab with music. We normally tume into Galaxy FM only cos it was the only station it would receive. The radio in so damn old tat every single dials and knobs contributes to the clarity of the radio signal...how weird is tat? The speakers on the radio are for Olga's iPod, just in case we got tired of Galaxy.

Only a few more weeks of lab left...SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

pipette said...

They can be classified into several categories depending on their functions. Let's examine some of the types of pipettes used in laboratories.